Are you in the market for a new bathroom mirror? If so, you may be wondering if a bathroom mirror with metal frame is right for you. In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about bathroom mirrors with metal frames, including the pros and cons. We will also provide tips on how to choose the right one for your needs. So, if you are interested in learning more, keep reading!
What's the Bathroom Mirror with Metal Frame?
A bathroom mirror with metal frame is a type of bathroom mirror that has a frame made out of metal. These mirrors are usually made out of steel or aluminum, and they can come in a variety of different styles.
Some bathroom mirrors with metal frames are designed to be hung on the wall, while others are designed to be freestanding. Bathroom mirrors with metal frames come in a variety of different sizes, so you can choose one that will fit perfectly in your bathroom.
You can also find bathroom mirrors with metal frames that have different finishes, so you can choose one that will match the rest of your bathroom decor.
Round black steel frame backlit smart bathroom mirror
Round frameless backlit smart bathroom mirror
Whether you're looking for a bathroom mirror for your own personal use or for your business, you'll be able to find what you're looking for when you shop for a bathroom mirror with metal frame.
Next, let's talk more about the types of bathroom mirrors with metal frames.
Categories of Bathroom Mirrors with Metal Frame
Brass or bronze metal frame bathroom mirror
Aluminum metal frame bathroom mirror
Stainless steel or steel frame bathroom mirror
Gold or silver foil metal frame bathroom mirror
Chrome plated metal frame bathroom mirror
Iron metal frame bathroom mirror
Pros and Cons of Using a Bathroom Mirror with Metal Frame
Like many people, you may be wondering if a bathroom mirror with a metal frame is the right choice for your home. There are pros and cons to using this type of mirror, so it's important to weigh all the options before you make a decision.
Pros of the bathroom mirror with metal frames:
1. The sleek and narrow design is the perfect way to create a clean, modern look.
2. Metal frames are stronger than wood and won't warp or torque. The metal corner will never split even with a heavy package, making it perfect for shipping!
3. The metal frame is more durable, and it won't rot like wood.
4. One of the best parts about this type? You can easily go with different colors or designs without having to paint them because they're already finished!
5. The frame is made up of metal tabs that can be adjusted with a screwdriver. It's so easy!
6. Metal is a durable material that will not change or get worse with time. Unlike wood, metal does not absorb moisture from the air,so you can use it in places where there's standing water like bathrooms.
rectangular backlit aluminum frame bathroom mirror
rectangular frameless lighted bathroom mirror
Cons of the bathroom mirror with metal frames:
1. Metal moldings are limited in depth and cannot accommodate deep embossing or plaster, so there is a limit to the styles that can be achieved with metal frames.
2. Metal frames are limited in size, both in width and height. Because they are extruded from softened aluminum, the maximum length is also reduced.
3. It is important to note that your mirror is placed inside the bathroom to use! You have not only children at home, but also the elderly. So pay special attention to the metal frame you buy whether to do smooth and dull angle treatment! Otherwise it will be very easy to get injured.
4. Above we mentioned is the frame of aluminum. If it is a copper or impure stainless steel material, there will still be the risk of rust. So be sure to choose a good brand.
5. Metal is the heaviest material available for crafting mirrors and their frames from.
This means if you're hanging a mirror on your wall, it needs to be attached with enough anchor points so that weight can properly distribute itself throughout its height - which also helps prevent any sagging or crookedness in appearance due when pressure changes during different times of day (or night!).
When installing metal into interior walls without adequate support surfaces like hardwood floorsing etc., make sure there are at least 3 screw positions around each panel before fixing them permanently because anything less might lead us down an unhappy path.
How to Choose a Bathroom Mirror with Metal Frame
When shopping for bathroom mirrors, you'll want to consider both style and function. One popular option is a bathroom mirror with metal frame. Metal frames can add a touch of elegance to any bathroom, and they're also very durable. If you're looking for a bathroom mirror with a metal frame, here are a few things to keep in mind.
First, you'll want to decide on the finish. Many bathroom mirrors with metal frames come in either chrome or brushed nickel. Chrome is very sleek and modern, while brushed nickel has a more traditional look.
Next, you'll need to decide on the size of the bathroom mirror. Metal frames are available in a variety of sizes, so you should be able to find one that fits your space perfectly. However, keep in mind that larger mirrors will require more supports, so make sure the frame is well-constructed.
Finally, you'll want to think about how the bathroom mirror will be mounted. Metal frames can be mounted on the wall or ceiling, or they can be freestanding. If you're looking for a bathroom mirror that's easy to install, wall-mounted models are a great option.
How to Care for a Bathroom Mirror with Metal Frame
If you're like most people, your bathroom mirror is one of the most frequently used pieces of furniture in your home. So, it's important to take care of it and keep it looking good for as long as possible. In this section, we'll give you some tips on how to care for a bathroom mirror with a metal frame. Keep reading to learn more!
Although this approach is often overlooked or forgotten, it is the best way to keep your frame looking perfect.
You can easily dust the frame regularly using a chicken feather duster or wool duster.
Regular dusting will inevitably save a lot of time in the long run because you will not be forced to deep clean the frame as often.
Forgetting to dust the frame for a long time will result in the frame needing a deep clean.
When deep cleaning, there are some important guidelines that must be followed. In order not to cause damage to your luxurious and beautiful frames, you would do well to follow these rules.
First, clean the glass mirrors:
It is very easy to clean the glass with common glass cleaners. This is because glass cleaners can usually be found at home. It is important to note that mirrors should usually only be wiped down with mild soap and some water.
Especially framed mirrors and backlit mirrors should never be rinsed directly with large amounts of water. Some people take a shower for convenience and rinse the mirror directly with the shower.
Because there is too much water, it is easy to collect inside the frame and be trapped. In the long run, it is easy to corrosion and deterioration.
I said above that the frame of aluminum material is not easy to corrode in a humid environment, which is correct. Usually, inside a bathroom in a humid environment, moisture and mist will not cause aluminum to corrode.
if you put anything in the water for a long time, it will deteriorate.
I have also summarized many useful tips for deep cleaning mirrors in The Interior Design Guide: How to Choose and Place a Frameless Bathroom Mirror. Go read it if you are interested and feel free to leave your comments.
Then, clean the metal frame：
The metal frame is easy to clean. Use a damp towel or microfiber cloth to get the job done. Make the metal frame look brand new. If the metal frame is dirty, spray a small amount of soapy water on a clean, damp towel or cloth. Use this clean, damp cloth to gently wipe the frame.
Please repeat the wiping several times until the soapy water is evaporated.
However, metal frames made of unpainted pewter, sterling silver or silver-plated require more than a damp cloth. For this type of metal, a deep clean with a high quality silver polish is required.
Test the polish before using it：
Once you have purchased the polish, you will need to test a small area of the frame before applying the solution to the entire frame.
Choose a small, inconspicuous area.
Testing will ensure that the polish you have purchased will not react negatively with the metal on the frame. If no harmful reactions occur, you can proceed to wipe the entire metal frame.
Cleaning the intricate and ornate metal frames：
Start by slightly dampening your clean microfiber cloth with water or a rust prevention product. Be as gentle as possible when wiping the frame.
This is because metal frames are more prone to scratching than one might think.
A slightly dampened microfiber cloth will effectively remove any unwanted corrosion that has built up on the surface.
If the ornate metal frame has more intricate details and multiple crevices, additional steps may be required to clean the inside of the crevices.
In these cases, it is sufficient to use a cotton swab to remove any dirt deep within the crevices.
Some tips you need to pay attention to:
- The first cleaning must be tested on a small, hidden area of the frame.
- Take extra care when cleaning silver or gold foil finished frames. If you use too much force, then these finishes can easily be rubbed off or damaged. Please use a slightly damp, soft cotton cloth to wipe such frames.
- When wiping the metal frame with the solution, repeat several gentle wipes until all the solution has evaporated from the frame surface. Do not collect the solution on the frame.
- Again, when cleaning mirrors on frames, do not spray glass cleaner directly on the mirror. This will cause the cleaner to run down the surface of the mirror. It will then penetrate inside the metal frame and cause damage. It is recommended that the cleaner be sprayed on a soft cloth before wiping.
Cleaners that should not be used on frames
Commercial polishes: Many common commercial polishes contain high levels of chemicals, such as ammonia. They are too harsh and have the potential to strip metal or wood. Taking care to check the contents label on the package will help you identify if such polishes are safe to use.
So, what do you think? Are these bathroom mirrors with metal frames worth the investment for your home? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. And if you have any other questions about our products or Mirplus America, don’t hesitate to reach out. We want to make sure that you have all the information you need before making a purchase. Thanks for reading!
Click our Facebook page here to read more.